Family Intervention Services
Intervention services are designed to assist family members and significant others who have loved ones suffering from substance use disorders. Denial often serves to sabotage attempts to help those we love get the help they so desperately need. An addiction intervention program provides a safe and supportive and highly successful means of helping the family break through denial and gain a commitment to accept treatment.
- A free family consultation session to hear more about drug intervention and to assist the family in deciding if intervention is right for them.
- A series of addiction intervention training and planning sessions.
- Facilitation of the intervention session.
- Coordination of treatment services and/or referrals as needed.
- Ongoing support for the family.
Family Recovery Group
The Family Recovery Group is designed to be a support to individuals that have a loved one struggling with a substance use disorder. Participants will receive education on addiction, co-dependency, trust, enabling, and communication. Members will gain an understanding of addiction; as well as learning ways to cope, set appropriate boundaries, build self-esteem, and assertiveness skills.
• Addiction: The Disease Concept
• Family Roles
• Addressing and Changing Thinking
• Healthy Boundaries (Enabling and Loving Detachment)
• Trust and Understanding Steps 1-3
• Guilt and Shame
• Healthy Relationships/ Communication
• Mental Health and Addiction
Newcomers required to attend a free orientation. Call to schedule 616.258.7467. Group consists of 10 sessions, cost is $15/session. (Call for dates/times.)
For more details about this level of care or any other addiction service in our continuum, please call 866.852.4001.
“Substance use disorders have enormous impact on family members and loved ones. Family members learn roles to cope with the constant instability. There are few things family members can do … but with help, there is hope for lasting recovery for the entire family.” – Info for Family Members