Consultation Liaison Plus
Reduce length of stay for behavioral health patients in emergency and inpatient non-psychiatric care
The Behavioral Health Consultation Liaison Plus (CL+) program addresses the needs of behavioral health patients in emergency and medical/surgical departments by providing psychiatric assessment, consultation and care navigation via video and phone interactions. Services are comprehensive and can be custom-tailored to your specific needs.
With the CL+ program, Pine Rest psychiatrists are available to help your clinicians assess behavioral health patients in your hospital and will assist with symptom management until your patient is discharged.
Once engaged, CL+ staff will work diligently to find an appropriate destination for the patient—whether that’s a facility within your network, a Pine Rest facility/practice or an independent organization.
The CL+ Program
• Call coordination, efficiently connecting hospital and CL+ clinicians
• Patient placement utilizing behavioral health resource expertise
• Improving patient flow through emergency department
• Clinical decision-making on level of care
• Telepsychiatry consultation
• Coordination with ED and inpatient clinicians
• Psychiatric consultation for patients admitted to medical/surgical
• Guidance on behavioral health symptom management
• Collaboration with hospitalist on medication management
|Comprehensive care navigation||Increased ED throughput and reduced hospital length of stay|
|Rapid Connections to Pine Rest coordinating and clinical staff via phone and video||Reduced ED hold times for behavioral health patients;
Efficient leverage of remote specialists
|Staffed by Pine Rest behavioral health specialists||High quality behavioral health care|
|Behavioral health resource expertise||Connection to Pine Rest’s network and knowledge of available psychiatric resources|
|Assessment and consultation by Pine Rest clinicians||Reduced staffing costs compared to hospital employing own behavioral health staff|