Pearls for Primary Care
A Mental Health Education Series for Primary Care Teams
The Pearls for Primary Care lecture series aims to equip primary care providers with practical tools, knowledge and skills to identify and treat patients who are in need of mental health care. All members of the primary care team and other community partners are invited to attend upcoming lectures.
Lectures take place from 7-8 a.m. at the Postma Center on Pine Rest’s main campus. Breakfast, CME’s and CEU’s are provided.
Click on the Pearls for Primary Care lecture titles below to register.
Wed Mar 13th 2019 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Postma Center at Pine Rest, Grand Rapids MIDr. Rath will educate healthcare professionals on changes in the body, mood, sleep, and cognition during aging and the interplay that these changes have with mental health and medications. Attendees will learn to better assess functional status of older adults and understand how cognition affects mood.
Wed Apr 10th 2019 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Postma Center at Pine Rest, Grand Rapids MIIs Teletherapy Right for your Patients?
Wed May 8th 2019 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Postma Center at Pine Rest, Grand Rapids MIHow to Support Patients Experiencing Infertility
View All Events
Please click on this link for a full list of upcoming lectures, conferences and workshops.
Recordings of past Pearls for Primary Care lectures are available. To request access to one or more videos, please contact the referral relations team at email@example.com. Below are topics that were covered.
- What Psychiatrists Wish Primary Care Providers Knew | William Sanders, DO
- Psychiatric Medication Management | Louis Nykamp, MD
- Integrated Mental Health and Primary Care Models : A Panel Discussion | Scott Halstead, PhD, Moderator; Phil Baty, MD; Carey Krause, DO; Susan Wakefield, MD; and Kim Meeuwsen, MA, BBA
- Pediatric Anxiety and Depression | Lia Gaggino, MD and Kelly Blankenship, DO
- Pregnant and Postpartum Mental Health: Identification and Treatment in the Pediatric, Obstetric, and Family Practice Settings | Madhavi Latha Nagalla, MD
- Suicide Assessment in the Primary Care Office | Valerie Mathis-Allen, MD
- ADHD: Tips for PCPs | Julie Smithee, PhD
- Tricky Symptoms: Mental Health Conditions in Disguise | Ryan Doyle, DO
- Substance Use Disorders: Identification and Treatment | Bruce Springer, MD and John Budnick, PA-C
- Patient Experience Panel | Lia Gaggino, MD and Patient Panel
- Teasing Out Dementia, Depression & Delirium | Swapnil Rath, MD