Why Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids and the surrounding West Michigan community offer a friendly, welcoming environment for families as well as singles and couples.
The Liveable City
The city of Grand Rapids features a bustling downtown with many restaurants, nightclubs, theaters, museums and sports venues in a renewed and thriving downtown (www.HelloWestMichigan.com). Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine is also located in downtown Grand Rapids, joining more than two dozen other colleges and universities that call West Michigan home.
Key industries in the local community include:
- And many more
Housing is very affordable and there are excellent school districts in the immediate area.
The beaches of Lake Michigan are only a 40 minute drive away from Grand Rapids. West Michigan is home to numerous natural wonders including swimming, golfing, boating, biking and sightseeing.
There are also cultural opportunities such as ArtPrize which engages the whole community. We believe that our staff and residents should enjoy a balanced life as well as a comprehensive education, and be a part of this welcoming environment. Here are a few of the latest headlines about the great things happening in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We invite you to see it for yourself.
- #1 – Best Places to Raise a Family (Forbes)
- #1 – Metro for Living a Balanced Lifestyle (MagnifyMoney, 2018)
- #1 – Housing Market in the U.S. (Trulia, 2018)
- #6 – 25 Best Affordable Places to Live in the U.S. (US News & World Report, 2019)
- #9 – Hottest Hipster Market in U.S. (Realtor.com, 2017)
- #10 – Annual International Housing Affordability Survey (Demographia, 2019)
- #13 – Best Place to Live in U.S. (US News & World Report, 2019)
Grand Rapids Events & Resources
- Experience Grand Rapids – Things to do, places to see and more in West Michigan
- GR Now – A great site with restaurants, events and local entertainment
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce – Businesses, events and life in Grand Rapids
- The Right Place – Economic development corporation for West Michigan
- West Michigan Tourist Assocation – Travel, lodging and vacation ideas
- Grand Rapids Assocation of Realtors – Homes for sale and more information about living in West Michigan
- Local news and information
Gerald R. Ford International Airport – Offering 120+ nonstop daily flights