Early Signs of Dementia
- Repeating questions or statements.
- Forgetting to pay bills or paying them twice.
- Missing scheduled appointments.
- Uncharacteristically misplacing items around the house.
- Changes in mood and personality.
- Decreased motivation.
- Uncharacteristically making rude or inappropriate comments.
- Having difficulty problem-solving.
- Having problems with complex activities (Example: driving).
- Becoming more easily confused.
Dementia Warning Signs
Scott Halstead, PhD, talks about the top 9 warning signs of dementia and how these differ from typical age-related changes. Dr. Halstead is clinical neuropsychologist and corporate director of Pine Rest’s outpatient services.