An Outreach Ministry of Pine Rest
Caring Communities partners with local agencies to address the gap in behavioral and mental health services that underserved people in the Greater Grand Rapids area experience. Since its inception in 2002, Caring Communities has provided the planning and coordination with local agencies to provide services as partners with these agencies.
- Services provide care where the people live and strive to meet the needs of the culturally diverse communities we are serving.
- Services are relational to establish trust and decrease the mental health stigma prevalent in poor and non-white communities.
- The model of care is holistic, blending many health care disciplines.
- Services often follow an open door model, with no scheduled appointments and the length of encounter varies based on need.
- Efforts are made, whenever appropriate, to help people access and connect with other community resources.
- Services are typically not billed to third parties and are free to participants.
Caring Communities is funded through a monetary commitment from the Pine Rest Board of Directors.
- Provide behavioral health services to people in urban and/or underserved areas who are unable or unwilling to access services through traditional models of care
- Increase individual and community awareness of behavioral health services that are available and how they can be accessed
- Empower individuals and families to provide positive support to one another
- Establish, build, and maintain partnerships over time
- Psycho-Educational and/or Support Groups
- 1-on-1 meetings
- Apostolic Christian Counseling and Family Services, Morton, IL
- Arbor Circle
- Barry County Community Mental Health
- Beacon Specialized Living Services
- Bronson Battle Creek Hospital
- D.A. Blodgett
- Davenport University
- Delton Kellogg Schools
- Family Outreach
- Forest Hills Public Schools
- Grand Rapids Catholic Diocese
- Grand Traverse & Leelanau Children’s System of Care
- Grand Traverse & Leelanau Suicide Prevention
- Grand Traverse Human Service Collaborative
- Great Start Early Childhood Collaborative
- Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
- Lakeland Health Care, St. Joseph, Niles, Watervliet
- Leelanau County Community Collaboration
- Lutheran Social Services
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Services
- Mercy Health Muskegon, Mercy Health Physician Partners, Mercy Health Saint Mary’s
- Hauenstein Neuroscience Center, Mercy Health Saint Mary’s
- Metro Cancer Center
- Metro Health Hospital
- North Ottawa Community Hospital
- Over 70 area churches and schools
- Sparrow Hospital
- Spectrum Continuing Health Care
- Spectrum Health Butterworth & Blodgett Hospitals
- War Memorial Hospital, Sault Ste. Marie
- Zeeland Community Hospital